Seed Spotlight

More
Positronics Seeds - Purple Haze #1

Purple Haze #1

Constructed from Mexican, South Indian and Thai variety up until the '70, this plant posseses an incredible resin development. Deliver a clear and energetic high.

Seed Spotlight

More
Positronics Seeds - Blue Rhino

Blue Rhino Seeds

Blue Rhino is the outcome of careful selection among numerous plants from a classical breeding procedure that makes positive that simply one of the most powerful and exquisite hybrids more knowledgeable growers were demanding.

Breeder Spotlight

More
Positronics Seeds

Positronics

One of the first of the Holland seed breeders, Positronics has earned a solid and respected reputation. Positronics set out with the mission of ensuring that home growing supplies were available to everyone.

Brix Plus Wet Cure

Discussion in 'Plant Food & Nutrients' started by smokeddope, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Offline

smokeddope Seedling

I have purchased a product called "Brix Plus" it is produced by "Guerilla Gardener" and is 100% organic, Its purpose is to "Add weight to your buds, enhance yield, taste and colour" On the back the directions are to "apply directly from bottle, spray onto plant 10 days before harvest, re-apply 5 days before havest and spray with water 1 day before harvest.
    Then it says to soak and agitate dry buds in the formula for 10 mins and then allow to air dry.

I was just wondering if anyone had come across this product before and how effective is it?
  2. Offline

WeeD22MaN

Hey smoked!!

Iv never herd of this before but my friend did have this spray once that smelled and tasted like juicyfruit gum once. Hed spray the buds at night then in the morning when wed roll 1 up all you cna smell is juicy fruit gum. not even weed. And when it burns all you taste is juicyfruit and smell. It was very suprizing cuz I really didnt beleive it could work. I mean the smell of burning weed is so strong. I was totally suprized.

WeedMan
  3. Offline

dirtmcgirt

good or not good??

Sorry my shit english..

So the bad things:

I think, brix is not too bad, from these replies:

SO if its Improves Taste, Improves Yield, and Increases Maturation, and not visible, it's not bad thing.

It's really not visible?

Which id the better/effectivest method to improve yield with brix (whithout big sugar crystal visibility)? The foliar spaying before harvest, or wet cure application after harvest in brix bath. Or drying, then brix bath?

And which is the difference "Guerilla Gardener Brix Plus" and "Green Planet Hydroponics brix+"? Only the price? Both specification really similar, but the GPH is far cheapest.

Anybody Before-After Pics?
  4. Offline

bluecheese Best Ass Admin Ever

I googled "brix wet cure" and found this.
  5. Offline

cheeselova! Novice Gardener

Brix+ is evil!!!!!

:( :angry: If you spay that shit on your plant your a con merchant a teeth and a prick.
    Any unnatural products put into plants is bound to have a negative effect.
    I've got a bag of green CONTAMINATED with this EVIL SHIT! I've just spent my last score on it and am now reluctant to smoke it definatly removed the enojment factor.

:angry:
    2 people like this.
  6. Offline

ZoomBoom

Hard to believe this came up again...

"If cannabis was supposed to contain 'brix', it would probably have evolved/been created to do so by now."--anon.

Use Wikipedia and search "Lacing (drugs)"...it's listed there...
  7. Offline

Japhy_Ryder

Wow Cheese necro post.. though I did have a :lol:

I can't believe a product like this is actually on the market though..
    1 people like this.
  8. Offline

ZoomBoom

I have read that soaking the contaminated weed in warm water and letting the "Brix+" dissolve works well enough to try. Dry your buds afterward and smoke as normal.

Good luck...
  9. Offline

penguin Grand Master Gardener

Hi cheeselova!, welcome to the Garden. :hello:

As you may have noticed, this is a gardening site. Most people here grow their 100% of thier own stash, or at leat aspire to do so. So most of us don't have to worry about adulterants. If you start growing your own, you won't have to worry, either.

Based on the product descritption it's just another run-of-the-mill additive for late flower. For anyone who doesn't know, "brix" is a measure of sugar dissolved in in plant sap. Cannabis does have measurable brix. This product is supposed to increase it. I wouldn't use this product myself, but not because i think it poses any danger.

The Lacing (drugs) page on wikipedia is entirely without references, except for one UK Department of Health report concerning ground glass contamination in marijuana.

:sigh: chlorophyll does not break down to chloroform.

:Peace:
    penguin
  10. Offline

ZoomBoom

What do you think about the soaking of your :MJ: in it before it cures? Do you find that to be benign?