Seed Spotlight

More
Positronics Seeds - Purple Haze #1

Purple Haze #1

Constructed from Mexican, South Indian and Thai variety up until the '70, this plant posseses an incredible resin development. Deliver a clear and energetic high.

Seed Spotlight

More
Positronics Seeds - Blue Rhino

Blue Rhino Seeds

Blue Rhino is the outcome of careful selection among numerous plants from a classical breeding procedure that makes positive that simply one of the most powerful and exquisite hybrids more knowledgeable growers were demanding.

Breeder Spotlight

More
Positronics Seeds

Positronics

One of the first of the Holland seed breeders, Positronics has earned a solid and respected reputation. Positronics set out with the mission of ensuring that home growing supplies were available to everyone.

Diabetes & BP

Discussion in 'Genetics' started by Allglad, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Offline

Allglad

Anyone know what strain would be good for a diabetic? How about a different person that has high blood pressure?

I have no clue.

Mahalo
  2. Offline

zoo monkwithoutabunk

You'll need to genetically modify cannabis to incorporate metformin and zocor within your strain. Maybe include crestor and you'll have all the old geezers covered. All kidding aside, high blood pressure and cannabis consumption can be problematic.
    Allglad likes this.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Offline

burndt Asst. Administrator

:yes:
    Allglad likes this.
  4. Offline

Allglad

lol that one is fly'n circles around me. ..I dont get it.
  5. Offline

barrie Seedling

it raises an interesting point tho.............i recall an indian researcher who took one plant that was medical and gene spliced it on to banana using a cannon with the force of a shotgun ,then micro propigating the banana so now the villages can grow there own medicine just by planting and eating a banana/plantain...do you suppose hypathetically we could gene splice something onto cannabis/mj....say the gene for menthol????...or isolating the gene that gives orange skunk its thick orange fruitiness...or gene splicing quinnine...you know this could be an interesting field of endever...ofcourse the said medication would have to be taken by vapourization ...stilll interesting
    Allglad likes this.
  6. Offline

Allglad

yea barrie...that brings to mind recent studies that say Marijuana can cause cell growth (I am damn sure i read it here at the forum...I think kcir our star news reporter or an informed member found the story else where on the web)...so really to me that makes me think that a bigger number of illnesses, virusess and such could be healed.

Course as usual I could be wrong...but if pot does all this and also relaxes a person and their body...I cant see how it wouldnt be quite possible that Marijuana could be good medicine for high blood pressure and diabetics???

I think its possible that cannabinoids may alter DNA in a good way...if thats true and cell growth is true....sheez what health condition couldnt be helped with the use of Marijuana?
  7. Offline

barrie Seedling

going way way way out on a limb here ...but recently there has been a scramble to plant yew trees (taxol) the yew tree is intensly poisonus...and if ingested with cease all kidney function and such...the are 18 componds in taxol derived from leaves ,,bark sap etc etc but 1 compound was found to be so powerfull that it halted cancer in its tracks immediatley...could it be a case of smoking cannabis to prevent or make cancer go into remmission?????????? i say this as yew trees a very slow growing and cannabis is could concievable be grown in aboundance and quickley
    Allglad likes this.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Offline

zoo monkwithoutabunk

Haven't you ever ingested a strain that induced a panic attack? Not good if it coincides with high blood sugar or hypertension; worse yet having a panic attack while experiencing high blood sugar and hypertension all at the same time. Oh, and throw in rebounding after cessation of benzos at the same time as the other three. The big four, lol. Hopefully you're not going through nicotine and caffeine withdraws at the same time too. I guess that would be the big SIX! Hopefully you didn't also just guzzle a Red Bull.

Ahh, the jams we get ourselves in...
    • List
  9. Offline

Allglad

ahh now I know what your say'n zoo. Yea that makes sense & its a big sign to watch out for if try'n to med under those conditions. ..my bad I wasnt try'n to think that your thoughts were possible and what not.

I think a good indica tried gradually in increase'n small doses may not have those effects though.

For me the only times I have felt an uncomfortable high is when I was drunk or that one time I nearly ate to much pot food.

I think the points your make'n are really good, but in a way I see it just like "normal meds" ....by that I mean there is risk and if it doesnt help then dont continue use? ....lol IDK though cuz those points could be serious...and IDK if a person with high blood pressure or diabetes could be susceptible to bad results more than a "normal" person.

Not that I doubt or disagree much with what your say'n ....zoo but have you seen documentary anywhere that covers what your say'n? ....I wanna learn and keep up with the science...especially with these 2 common health issues. I give pot lots of chance and the benefit of the doubt even though your points are really good....zoo.
    zoo likes this.
  10. Offline

burndt Asst. Administrator

smoking anything temporarily raises blood pressure. chronic smoking will effect your heart and blood vessels, putting you at risk for heart attack, stroke, etc. If you already have health problems, HTN, etc., you're just asking for trouble. However, I've never read anything about :MJ: effecting diabetes or causing direct harm d/t the disease; however, I've read that nicotine can cause blood sugars to rise as much as 35% as opposed to being nicotine free. I don't there are many studies (mostly limited to lung/cancer issues & myths) out there concerning dm & :MJ: If you're at risk for heart disease, I would eat your weed :)
    zoo and Allglad like this.
    • Like Like x 2
    • List