Seed Spotlight

More
Positronics Seeds - Purple Haze #1

Purple Haze #1

Constructed from Mexican, South Indian and Thai variety up until the '70, this plant posseses an incredible resin development. Deliver a clear and energetic high.

Seed Spotlight

More
Positronics Seeds - Blue Rhino

Blue Rhino Seeds

Blue Rhino is the outcome of careful selection among numerous plants from a classical breeding procedure that makes positive that simply one of the most powerful and exquisite hybrids more knowledgeable growers were demanding.

Breeder Spotlight

More
Positronics Seeds

Positronics

One of the first of the Holland seed breeders, Positronics has earned a solid and respected reputation. Positronics set out with the mission of ensuring that home growing supplies were available to everyone.

Getting the PH right in soil

Discussion in 'Plant Food & Nutrients Reference' started by kosmo, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

kosmo

PH seems to be the problem for most soil growers. ive been looking into hydro feedings and how they feed them, but is there away for soil that is easy and practicle. so u can know ur PH of the soil and Nutes??
    1 people like this.
  2. Offline

kushedout

There are electronic readers that do a fairly good job of measuring PH in soil but are rather expensive. I have a mid level model made by Hanna that does a fairly good job of measuring PH and I've honestly never had a single problem with it. Just needs to be calibrated from time to time.
  3. Offline

kosmo

a easy way to test the soil is by watering with water that u know the PH already. then water ur plants untel water starts to drip. empty it into another cup. then PH test the water in the cup. compare to the water u started with. pridy easy. example. u feed R/O water (PH7) it comes out of the soil with a PH of 6 u know now that ur soil is alittle acidic. understanding ur soils PH will make ur grow, grow. and when u put ur liquid Nutes in it it will lower the PH even more so make shere ur Soils Ph is alittle higher next time.
    3 people like this.
  4. Offline

ColSmoke Account Closed

I thought trying to adjust the soil PH with water was a bad idea since it can cause fluxuations?

Not sure if it's true or not, but I know I heard it somewheres.
  5. Offline

kosmo

ur not ajusting the PH you are just simply testing the soils PH

use limestone for an ajustment if u need to ballance PH in soil
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.