Seed Spotlight

More
Positronics Seeds - Purple Haze #1

Purple Haze #1

Constructed from Mexican, South Indian and Thai variety up until the '70, this plant posseses an incredible resin development. Deliver a clear and energetic high.

Seed Spotlight

More
Positronics Seeds - Blue Rhino

Blue Rhino Seeds

Blue Rhino is the outcome of careful selection among numerous plants from a classical breeding procedure that makes positive that simply one of the most powerful and exquisite hybrids more knowledgeable growers were demanding.

Breeder Spotlight

More
Positronics Seeds

Positronics

One of the first of the Holland seed breeders, Positronics has earned a solid and respected reputation. Positronics set out with the mission of ensuring that home growing supplies were available to everyone.

great white shark from greenhouse seeds

Discussion in 'Genetics' started by dr-stevo, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Offline

dr-stevo

im quite new to growing and only ever grown feminized great white shark from greenhouse seeds. this strain was chosen based on a recommendation from a friend that has tried numerous strain and found this one grows the best for the indoors hydro setup. however im kind of getting a bit bored of the smoke and want to try a different strain.

he recommended this great white shark because:

1. indica (doesnt get too tall and wide)
    2. mild odor
    3. high mold resistance
    4. 8-10 week flowering
    5. good yield
    6. grows well

im sure there were others but i cant think of them right now.

anyway im just wondering can anyone recommend a strain that ticks all of the boxes above and has other advantages. i like to try something new.
  2. Offline

LiveForMusic182 You high bra?

I would try trainwreck :)
  3. Offline

waveguide off the scale

not sure what you want in condition #1 as i don't see indica being the only choice for compact if you train.

the common choices for low odor are of course northern lights and c99, neither of which are anything to sneeze at. i also hear GWS is pretty good, so you may have ot do some searching before you find somethnig different that meets your expectations. maybe you need a sativa for interesting.

if you can afford to, investigate autos. things are happening over at autoflower.net.. the only downside imo is that they're often more expensive than photoperiod strains.

in my modest career as a strainho i've found there's a lot of different kinds of different. happy exploring.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Offline

zoo monkwithoutabunk

I'm still trying to make sense out of your post. Have you been growing this strain or are you asking us if you should?
    LiveForMusic182 likes this.
  5. Offline

LiveForMusic182 You high bra?

LOL after rereading it again..i am now wondering the same thing to the op?!
  6. Offline

dr-stevo

Apologies if I was unclear. They only strain I have ever grown is great white shark. The reason I went with this strain was because of a recommendation from a friend. The recommendation was based on the factors in the list.
  7. Offline

dr-stevo

#1 is because of the limited space. training will help this and a lot of training adds significantly to the veg time. also sativas generally have a longer flowering time too which is why i prefer indicas.
  8. Offline

waveguide off the scale

strain recs are just hard to produce realistically. i mean, if someone is a complete noob and wants to order straight away, then a few pointers are worthwhile.. someone here pointed me at durban poison (low odor, sativa) when i was ignorant and it worked well for me.

after the first one, it's worth taking the time to start trawling through the immense and fascinating amount of bullshit online.. icmag is a must. it also gives you a feel for how substantial (or insubstantial) these kind of refs are... and the products..

female seeds c99 is supposed to be a 6 week strain (as is critical 33). don't know if i believe it, but they're inexpensive and the grows look good. my c99 hybrid was a fairly vigorous, versatile plant that took some punishment.
  9. Offline

zoo monkwithoutabunk

Usually lower odor but I normally wouldn't suggest a sativa like Durban Poison to a rookie grower in an indoor grow. Cool that it worked our for you though. The C99 I've seen so far seem to be fairly forgiving and a good choice for a beginner. In fact, I don't think there is anything bad I can say about C99 so far (mosca bx-1 anyway).