Seed Spotlight

More
Positronics Seeds - Purple Haze #1

Purple Haze #1

Constructed from Mexican, South Indian and Thai variety up until the '70, this plant posseses an incredible resin development. Deliver a clear and energetic high.

Seed Spotlight

More
Positronics Seeds - Blue Rhino

Blue Rhino Seeds

Blue Rhino is the outcome of careful selection among numerous plants from a classical breeding procedure that makes positive that simply one of the most powerful and exquisite hybrids more knowledgeable growers were demanding.

Breeder Spotlight

More
Positronics Seeds

Positronics

One of the first of the Holland seed breeders, Positronics has earned a solid and respected reputation. Positronics set out with the mission of ensuring that home growing supplies were available to everyone.

growing pot under water

Discussion in 'Theories & Speculation' started by dr gonzo, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Offline

Freakshow68

well, the water would difuse the light to the point where the plant (used to growing at high altitudes in very sunny areas) would not get enough light.
    2 people like this.
  2. Offline

Hash O'Kief Senior Moderator

Stomata close

The valves or windows on the undersides of the leaves that let air in are called stomata.

under high heat :thermom:
    or low humidity :tweed:
    or high humidty :rain:
    ...they close to protect the plant
    the plant holds it's breath

sticking the leaves underwater will cause the stomata to close
    plant growth will virtually stop

yes I know a lot of plants can grow under water
    they are set up that way

maybe if you cross your :MJ: with some sea-kelp
    6 people like this.
  3. Offline

Criard

still wouldn't work. the stomata open to let H2O OUT not in, water does not go in the stomata. if the stomata are closed to prevent the water from coming in, they cannot absorb the CO2.
    1 people like this.
  4. Offline

Criard

evolution doesn't work that quickly, unfortunately.

you would need to breed many many many generations of seeds with each generation of parents being grown in this way. I still don't think it would be feasible. however, theoretically yes you could over time make the plant adapt to such conditions.
    1 people like this.
  5. Offline

firsttimer2065

LOL. Sorry, didnt mean to be such a negative nancy, but unfortunately, the facts speak for themselves.
    1 people like this.
  6. Online

buzzmobile You rang?

:argue:

Fuggin' stoners.:lol: I'm pretty sure this discussion falls under the Speculation part of this forum.

:D
    1 people like this.
  7. Offline

vegetables

This is rediculous. There are large differences in aquatic vs terestrial vegetation for tons of reasons. Just as mammals breathe air, drink water, and regulate their bodily systems to retain moisture, plants also have specific adaptations for living in an environment surrounded by air. The flowers are expecting pollen to fly in on the wind. Water is to enter their roots and evaporate from their leaves.

Things don't just change their life strategy because we want them to, and i'm certain that this will not work. Basically it's like trying to invent a new marine mammal by throwing a cat into the ocean...your cat's just gonna die.
  8. Online

buzzmobile You rang?

Gills are for fish! I'm a cat, damnit. Gimme a break and a tank refill.
    [IMG]

:D
    2 people like this.
  9. Offline

qtipbud Account closed

Attached Files:

1 people like this.
  10. Offline

Criard

dolphins are actually thought to have evolved from a wolf-like mammal whose habitat and feeding relied heavily on water.